Thursday 20 October 2011



From today (ensuring I passed today's exam) I officially have completed my post-graduate in Psychology.
Which means, I am not able to work clinically and apply now for my Clinical Psychology PhD.
I cannot tell you how thrilled I am.
It means I am qualified enough to not *have* to do my clinical training, but that is something I am pretty much convinced I want to.
I think I am going to apply to Oxford University, Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds University.
My dream is to go to Oxford. Not because it is Oxford, but because it is so beautiful around there.
The girl and I have discussed living there and the course sounds amazing.
Not just that, they have a pretty long standing reputation within eating disorders so, I am thinking, that might be best.
Either way, getting accepted would be amazing, for any of them.

There is a high possibility I will be rejected, BUT I am hoping that with the graduate course and a mass of volunteer experience, those lovely people will let me come and live my dream out.

This marks the end of one chapter and the whole opening of a brand new one.
I actually cannot believe I got this far.

Little me, who was told I would never recover.
Who was told I would never live out all the dreams I had.
Who was told I couldn't ever get through university (let alone grad school too).

I can't believe, here I am.
Qualified.
And about to begin the next step.
I am so excited :)

I need to sort my CV out this week and try to find some work.
There are so few jobs available and rather than worry about that now, I am going to enjoy some time for myself.

So much love  ♥

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, this is great! Good luck with the applications & courses in the future!!

    ReplyDelete